Updated Monday October 24, 2016 by Michele Leber.
Coaches and Assistant Coaches will.....
- place the emotional and physical well-being of their players ahead of their personal desire to win.
- participate honestly in the team draft process and assist the MBA Board in creating well balanced competition by evenly distributing talent across all teams.
- treat each player as an individual, remembering the large range of emotional and physical development for the same age group.
- do their best to provide a safe playing situation for their players.
- do their best to organize practices that are fun and challenging for all their players.
- lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all their players.
- be knowledgeable in the rules set forth by the MBA, and teach these rules to their players.
- communicate clearly with players and parents.
- use coaching techniques appropriate for all of the ages that they coach.
- notify the MBA Board immediately of any concerns or problems that arise during the season and understand that decisions made by the Board are final.
- remember that they are a youth sports coach, and that the game is for the children and not adults.
- accept the decision of the officials and will not boo or heckle regardless of their feelings.
- refrain from using foul language towards other parents, players, Board members, or officials.